Sunday, April 12, 2009

Three random pictures, no mas.


The inscription on this barricade at the mausoleum of ex-president Eloy Alfaro reads "The National Police gives to you the most cordial welcome." I don't know about you, but barricades and barbed wire make me feel right at home.


This is a picture of one of the many vendors that hawk stuff on the beach. I'm convinced that this poor old guy is serving some kind of prison sentence. His job is to huff his way on a bicycle around the sweltering hot beach all day in direct sunlight, wearing a full-body jumpsuit. To add to this already seemingly miserable fate, he has to sell cold things to other people.
If you weren't scared of clowns before, check this out. This clown at our hotel gobbles up garbage. And comes after you at night. And steals your children.

Happy Easter!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Loved the pics....hope Adam doesn't have any nightmares tonight if he sees the clown trash can. I want the job on the beach. See how much weight I can lose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin-Jeannie here. Just wanted to say hello and that I have been following your blog and am so happy you got to go to such a beautiful place. Also, had to write to say that the clown trash can is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. I LOVE THAT CLOWN TRASH CAN! In this country we have absolutely nothing like that.
    Don't mean to embarass you but wanted to tell you that I am very proud of what you are doing with your life.
    Oh and if you got a video of that clown gobbling up the trash could you post it sometime when you get back or have time. I really do love that trash can! Wish I had one.
    Take care,
    Love, Jeannie and the Adams Fam

    ReplyDelete