Friday, April 17, 2009

Food Poisoning


I figured after eating a rather suspect hamburger from a roadside stand that I was asking for punishment...yet I didn´t get sick. Or that awesome guatita that Justin talked about. Nothing. It was Vanessa who tried to do me in. On Wednesday night I ate some frijoles (black beans) and an ensalada (salad) that had been sitting in the microwave since lunch time. (Since almuerzo or lunch is the biggest meal here, I usually get left overs from that for dinner). I went to bed around 10:30, woke up thirty minutes later and never slept again the rest of the night. You know you have it bad when you´re holding a trash can while sitting on the toilet - ever been there? Not an experience I care to repeat, I must say. So after bowing to the porcelain god for the entire night, I let Justin know that I would not be joining him for the gym or for work that day and crawled miserably back into bed. The day was spent with fevers, orthostatic hypotension and diarrhea, but fortunately no more vomiting. I gave in and took some Cipro and tylenol that afternoon even though I was pretty sure that it was just a Staph bug that would have to run its course. With the fever abated, I did feel much better and after ten hours of sleep last night I was actually able to eat something today. Yay!!!

2 comments:

  1. Darling, I have been there except i didn't know about Cipro. You are so graphic in your writing and i enjoy the blog so much. I love you, Mema

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are feeling better. There is nothing more miserable than what you went through. I love the drawing above! Hopefully this weekend will be a great one at the market.

    ReplyDelete