Friday, April 17, 2009

Our last day at Pablo Arturo Suarez

Having recovered from a brief, albeit nasty spell of food poisoning, I set off with Justin for our final day at Pablo Arturo Suarez. This week we´ve spent attending lectures in the morning, working in the peds ED with Dr. Luzuriaga until about 1 or so, grabbing a quick almuerzo, then spending the afternoon with Dr. Rosas in clinic. Today was no different, except that Justin and I were determined to get photos. Above is Dr. Luzuriaga examining a patient with some other medical students (from Quito) and Justin looking on.
And, of course, we had to get our photos with the patients. I don´t think my patient knew quite what to think.And finally, a photo with Dr. Rosas. It´s a bit blurry, but it´s the only one we have of her, and we definitely felt she needed to go on our blog. Justin has told me more than once that if anything happens to me (like I get killed doing something stupid like puenting (the bridge jumping thing) or whatever) he plans to take Dr. Rosas back in my place. She is pretty awesome. And Dr. Luzuriaga´s been pretty awesome this week too.
All in all, I felt like our time spent at PAS was awesome. I appreciated the efforts of both pediatricians in making us feel like we were being helpful and in their willingness to teach us. I enjoyed our interactions with patients, their parents, and with the other medical students we got to meet this week. I´m already feeling gnostalgic, and we haven´t even been away from the hospital for three hours. Hasta luego, PAS.

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! I know that the experience was great and helped with your clinical skills and most certainly with your Spanish language skills. Both of you are so lucky to have had this opportunity. Your sense of adventure and love of the people is wonderful! Drs. Rosas and Luzuriaga will remain in your memories forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, you look like you are having a blast Jenn! Sorry I missed your call the other day.

    ReplyDelete