During our hike around the cascadas in Peguche, Justin and I encountered a creature straight out of Alien vs. Predator. (Actually, I've never seen the movie, but this is what I would imagine it to be like). From the side it appears just like a normal (if rather gigantic) caterpillar. (It was about the length of my palm or maybe about 5 inches long.)
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Random thoughts 2
While we were doing all of our bargaining in Otovalo and working up a major appetite, here is one reason I managed to resist eating from the delicious smelling street vendors' food:
When we walked past this lovingly prepared sow, I was suddenly willing to wait until we had entered a real restaurant. Granted, this is probably where they obtained their meat, but at least in a restaurant I can pretend otherwise.
During our hike around the cascadas in Peguche, Justin and I encountered a creature straight out of Alien vs. Predator. (Actually, I've never seen the movie, but this is what I would imagine it to be like). From the side it appears just like a normal (if rather gigantic) caterpillar. (It was about the length of my palm or maybe about 5 inches long.)
It was when you looked at its head that you got a shock. Look closely. It looks like some sort of alien head is fixing to pop out of this fake exoskeleton. Kind of like the aliens on Independence Day or Men in Black. Creepy. Very, very creepy.
And last but not least - a random wooden horse in the little town just outside of the falls. Not really sure what its purpose was, but hey, there you go. Neigh...
During our hike around the cascadas in Peguche, Justin and I encountered a creature straight out of Alien vs. Predator. (Actually, I've never seen the movie, but this is what I would imagine it to be like). From the side it appears just like a normal (if rather gigantic) caterpillar. (It was about the length of my palm or maybe about 5 inches long.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The photos are wonderful and do make those of us reading the blog feel like we are there beside you. I'm not quite sure about the catepillar creature though...that would creep me out.
ReplyDelete