With the help of my amazing cousin I was actually able to finish packing before 9 pm last night - a feat unheard of in my history of packing. I normally manage to avoid starting to pack until well after 10 pm and usually don't finish until the am hours. Now, for pretty much the first time ever, I'm about to embark on a trip with a full night's sleep behind me. Feels kind of odd...
To top it off, Justin's family is taking us out to eat breakfast at the Pancake house. Amazing people, really, I already like them :) Our plane doesn't leave until 12:30ish so we don't have to be at the airport until 10-10:30. It's two hours to Texas, then five and a half to Quito, Ecuador, where, hopefully, we actually have someone to pick us up. If not, we have the address and phone number of our homestay family, so we'll figure something out.
I can't decide if I'm more excited or nervous about the idea of speaking Spanish for the next two months. At any rate, I've packed a gazillion advils for the inevitable translation headaches that occur when I force my English brain to conjugate in Spanish. They can be lethal, and it's best to preemptively strike.
Wish us luck and pray for a safe flight! I'll write next from ECUADOR!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment