It's 8 am, and I've just watched my dogs jump excitedly into the back of my mom's Beetle, ever ready for a car ride. Little do they know they get to be OUTDOOR dogs for the next two months. My day is going to be one of last-minute details: washing a final load of clothes, buying batteries for my camera, making sure I actually remember to take my passport. It's much cheaper to take two small suitcases than to go over the weight limit with one, so I've exchanged my huge suitcase for two of my parents' old beat-up ones. They may not be packed on the way down, but I'm sure they'll be magically filled on the way back.
Justin and I are getting pretty excited about our trip, if a little apprehensive. We don't actually know what to expect when we get down there, because this particular program hasn't been done by any students at our school before. We don't know what type of hours we'll be working, if we'll actually be in charge of patients or just have an observational sort of role, etc. It's probably going to be a mixture of both. As long as we get our weekends to travel, I'll be happy :) We'd love to go to the Galapagos Islands and a lot of other places on our list - Justin will have to tell you, I don't have all the names memorized yet, but I swear he's read the Lonely Planet book 8 times already.
At any rate, I'm sure we'll both try to blog daily if possible while we're down there, so keep checking back for updates on our trip :)
Yay to my very first blog!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Parents' OLD BEATUP SUITCASES??!!
ReplyDelete