Most people would consider me a type A person. Quit snickering, Erin. When I´m up and about, I believe in going full force. I like to be on time, and I don´t like to sit around waiting. It is somewhat humerous how much this clashes with Latin American culture. 9 o´clock actually means somewhere between 9 and 9:30, maybe. If I show up 5 or 10 minutes early, I could actually be 40 minutes early. Justin and I have already decided that we´ll just plan to arrive late so that we´ll be on time :) Justin decided to let me write about our day today while he wrote about random things like his shower head and the path to the cafeteria. Unfortunately, work isn´t as exciting to write about as our gazillion mile hike to the Virgin Mary via a robber-ridden path. The only thing I could come up with was our Doctora´s random disappearances. Justin and I would be examining a patient only to turn around and find that she had left the room. When she left the room, she would usually be gone for about 20-30 minutes, while we sat their with the patient and his/her parents and tried to think of something to say or do. We´re still not quite sure what she was doing when she left, but I´m pretty sure we´ll be trying to follow someone else from now on.
Justin and I are planning to visit a part of Quito called Mariscol tonight because Vane was raving about how good the food was and how much fun the dancing is. We´ll see :) We´re putting off Baños for this weekend because we didn´t really plan much ahead. Apparently with being so close to Easter, the hotels could be completely full, and also, we forgot to start our Doxycycline two days ahead of time to keep us from getting Malaria. There are several things around Quito we still want to see - a huge Saturday market, Mariscal, telefériQo (a 2.5 km ride up Volcán Pinchincha), etc. We may even go see a soccer game on Sunday. I also plan on making chocolate chip cookies tomorrow because I have this amazing craving for all things sugar at the moment. Food here, though absolutely, phenomenally amazing, is generally not sweet. I´m looking so forward to cookies I´m almost drooling.
We´ll try to get lots of cool pictures this weekend :)
Hasta luego
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sweet tooth? Me too...sometimes you just need a cookie. It would be curious to know where the doctor went to for that amount of time. Amazing how different parts of the world operate
ReplyDelete