Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Random moments

Today has been a good day. Justin and I went to the gym this morning with Vane, and this time the Spinning class (occurs every Tues morning) wasn´t nearly as deadly. Then we went to the hospital where we ended up working with Dr. Rosas in her morning clinic. It was awesome!! Not only does she speak clearly, but she also enjoys teaching and really cares about her patients. She had us call our own patients back and do a physical exam and get a brief history. At first, I was stressed out by the idea, but it turned out to be fine. I definitely don´t feel fluent by any means, but I can get ideas across. I´m hopeful that by the end of these two months I´ll be even more comfortable. Dr. Rosas is also very efficient. She had finished seeing her patients by 11:45, and she told us to go - saying she´d see us tomorrow. Justin and I took that to mean that she wasn´t going to be there for afternoon clinic, and therefore, it meant she was telling us to take the rest of the day off :)
So we took a bus home, changed into comfy clothes, and headed off to Mariscal/La Foch to eat lunch. Luis recommended this restaurant/bar where we were able to get a soup or salad, main meal, small dessert, and a drink all for $3. It was amazing. Justin and I both have these ginormous appetites that are beyond belief. I haven´t been hungry like this since I ran cross country in high school. I eat like there´s no tomorrow, but I actually think I´m somehow losing weight. Parasites? I don´t think so. I´m still riding safely in the middle train (see the D vs C train below), and I feel great. Regardless, I´ll take it while I can. Maybe eating various strange body parts agrees with me, lol.
Justin and I are making plans for our weekend in Baños. We randomly ran into Anna again at the mall last Saturday (this huge place called El Jardín, which makes the Galleria look puny), and I asked her if she´d like to come with us. She´s on vacation right now, but a lot of the friends she´s made down here are still in school. She was delighted with the idea, so it looks like there´s going to be three of us heading toward the baths. I can´t wait!

Now for random moments: Here´s Justin and me on the flight from Atlanta to Quito. We were so happy to finally be for sure on our way.

Here´s a little playground we passed on our dangerous hike to and from La Virgin. It was old and mostly broken down, but I loved the look of it with the old stump there.

That´s it for today. Check out the pictures I finally posted on the Jurassic Park vs. Sound of Music blog. So cool!

2 comments:

  1. Banker's hours today....I guess more like a radiologist....LOL. Sounds like Dr. Rosas is a wonderful doctor and person. Wouldn't it be nice if all physicians were like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer, looks like you guys are having a blast! Miss you a lot. Sorry I keep missing your calls..I'll get the message later and I'm like, "NO! my only chance of talking to her, and i have no way to call back!" love keeping up w/ your blog btw. both of you are hilarious! love you. be safe.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete